The HIP Project is a three month social media flash campaign (March – June 2013) to raise awareness and instill a spark in youth to take a greater interest in Heritage In Penang (HIP). It is targeted especially among youth 16-35 years of age. This campaign zooms in on George Town, Penang in a concerted effort to engage with and build knowledge about the UNESCO World Heritage Site.
The campaign is organized by Arts-ED (Community-based Arts and Culture Education Program) and supported by Think City.
This was our first time doing a social media campaign, and as we went along, we learnt a lot. We figured that we should share our learning’s so that those who are starting out a similar campaign can use it to their benefit. This blog is a sharing platform of the learning’s and strategies used from the HIP team.
This Campaign takes place according to 5 parts:
- Conceptualization – designing of the whole campaign.
- Teaser – warming up towards the campaign!
- Part 1 – Getting fired up with the HIPpix Challenge!
- Part 2 – Going in-depth on heritage with the HIPmix Challenge.
- Part 3 – Get creative, HIP n HYPE Challenge
Overview of the Campaign
We hope that this blog will be informative and helpful to you! 🙂